12.22.2010

Who Needs Grey Marines?

With all those Grey Knight rumors flying around, I have been pondering about the state of the Inquisition. News of a turbo-charged marine list is....well....rather disappointing. If the rumors are true, I will likely only be using 20% of the new codex, as my Inquisitors enjoy using daemonhosts (which might not even be in the new book). Sigh.

But a different idea is brewing, Deathwatch. The under-manned and often ignored Ordo Xenos really needs a push. My proposal -> Dark Angels. The idea is to use the DA codex, rename some things, do some conversions, and hopefully have a arguable Alien Hunter army.

Samael (on jetbike) -> Inquisitor
Librarian -> Inquisitor
Deathwing squad
Ravenwing heavy (to hunt the alien)
Fire Warrior/Scout -> Stormtroopers

...It might work. Thoughts?

Ricalope.

1 comment:

CounterFett said...

There's always room for Deathwatch. To tell the truth, I have never seen someone use Dark Angels to represent them, though. Does sound interesting, I look forward to how you execute it.

I have run Vanilla Marines as Deathwatch, a la Pedro Kantor Sternguard, but lately I have been looking at Space Wolves LoganWing. Low model count, elite Marines, you can outfit them pretty much any way you want, counter attack, the list goes on and on.

Like I said though, I look forward to how you pull this off.