1.01.2011

Rouge AI

Happy New Year! To celebrate, I built a gfr (giant frikken robot), just because. Most of it is scratch built from plasticard, tubes as well as some random vehicle bitz lying about.
Here is where it all started. This morning, when I caught the bug, I began sketching the basic design, figuring out the whats and wheres. I have to thank Dust for inspiring me to embark on this project. The designs helped me figure out the legs specifically, where the body is more 40k-ish.
So far, it has taken a day to plan and build, and it will most likely take another day to finish some details and the base. To visualize the size of this gfr, a sentinel is as tall as its waist.
feet
This doesn't fit into any existing army, as robots are heresy, so I figure it would be a mercenary or rouge. After it is painted (and named) I will likely write some background as well as a datasheet. Now I am toying with the idea of building a small mercenary force.
Armoured up.
Have a great hobby year!
Ricalope.

3 comments:

Porky said...

That's just amazing for a day of work. I love that you've taken care to make it look feasible, and the design is clean and alien. Rogue robots and a mercenary force - what a start to the year!

Mark said...

Nice work, man! I love those leg hydraulics. That 'bot's just the sort of thing that would fit into a Mechanicus army; maybe as a Warden Knight Titan? It's about the right size (although the weapons are totally different).

Happy New Year!

MCT said...

Would be a good model for an Inquisitor warband