2.20.2013

Flesh Tearers - An Update From The Forge

 My painting mojo is back full time and I've been at my desk painting like an insane munky.  My recent posts have been a little short on marines, so I thought that a WIP update was in order (you guys deserve it!)
 On the Flesh Tearer front, I've been hammering out the second crusader.  The main hull is ready and she just needs a weapon fit.  There are a couple of fiddly bits, like the writing on the parchment, and I am hoping the death company x' look right.  Any c&c is welcome (and taken into careful consideration!)
 The top-down shots show off the saw blade best.  I traced two circles with pencil first so it would stay even, although it is difficult going over the side and such but I think it worked out.
 GW changed their red midtone, can you tell?  I'm not sure about fixing this issue, I could either darken the second one, or brighten the first.  Given their chapter, I think darkening it would be the better option.
Until next round!

3 comments:

Mordian7th said...

Looking great! I love that sawblade painted large across the top and sides!

Tristan M said...

Would definitely prefer darker to match everything already done.

It looks great! The X's are perfect.
Only thing is can you remove the terminator honours from the back engine? I used the same winged symbol you did on the left side for the death company storm raven so that is perfect.

Unknown said...

Removing the crux might be an issue, since it is brass etch and really thin. When I had built it I had the veteran status of the tank crew in mind, not the marines inside, and therefore placed it on the back. Also, darker it will be!