5.09.2011

Post 200 - With Style!

A Stylish Blogger, me? Well that is what Mark at Musings of a Metal Mind thinks. To get such a nomination from a hobby icon like him, well that is just cool, thanks man! So in the spirit of this digital wildfire, here we go...

What to do:
-- Thank and link back to the person giving you the award (see above)
-- Share seven things about yourself
-- Select 10-15 blogs who you think deserve this award
-- Contact these bloggers and let them know about the award

Seven things about myself....

--I used to be a redshirt. A time ago I was a staffer at GW, it was one of the best experiences in my working life. I can blame many of my hobby skills on those two years. It is what prompted me to be a productive member of hobby society.

--I drank beers with Tom Savini. He is a horror movie artist and played Sex Machine in Dusk till Dawn. It was after the first con I volunteered for. Dax (from DS9) was at the table too. Much laughing ensued.

--I am writing a RPG. For the past few years (er....13?) me and my beta testers have been developing nWo, you can find it if you look hard enough....

--A gaming group lives in my house. Obviously, I am a gamer. And they all don't "live" in my house, but there always seems to be a game about. Rabbit Hole Games for the win!

--I like to burn things. No, not arson, spinning fire-staff. Although I like it when other things are on fire too...

--Jack T. Rabbit. He's my bunny, he is also ancient, and he's my best friend. He is a fuzzy dwarf lop and likes to help with terrain building and destroying the instructions so I don't read them. He also beats up cats.

--I don't watch TV. Ever. I go to work instead ;)

Ok, so the other part. I'm not sue if these guys have got a nomination yet, but they should;

1. The multiverse at Porky's Expanse has continually spurred me on. It is a vault of interesting ideas. It is a good read, every time.

2. Fellow artist, and brother in arms, Swimming Eagle. There is some hobby stuff in there, but it is mostly for the view. This is a blog filled with the mind of a true artist.

3. Zen 40,000. The blogger responsible for igniting my interest in marines. Not only are the models excellent, (this is the first yellow-with-checker-marine I have EVER liked), but the backgrounds he writes (for each unit!) realizes the army.

4. Luddstuff, it is like a scratch building supernova.

5. Fun Painty Time? Just take a look at what Carmen has been up to. Gangsters? Guys with pipes? A quiet street corner?

6. Sometimes I need a chaos fix. So I head over to Chaos Brushes. There are some inspiring things over there...

7. There have been some really interesting things popping up on the Eye of (t)Error lately. I love the patrol boat!!!1

8. Usually, orks aren't my thing, but the smurf's lootas are simply brilliant.

9. The Glorious Works are glorious. And stunning.

10. The Harrowed is a new blog I've only recently started following. Crazy daemon stuff, yes please!

There we go, now time to send out some messages....

4 comments:

Porky said...

Thanks a lot for this, and for the kind words. I get the urge to quote you..! It's the fifth now, so if you do want to nominate another blog instead of the Expanse, feel free. That's a great selection of blogs too, and there are some less well-known in there too which is always good.

swimming eagle said...

Ricalope = fire + awesome. Thanks for your kind words brother !!!!!!!!!!

Unknown said...

My decisions stand (there is a couple of other blogs in there that are already stylish it seems). And there are a few in there that I can't believe have so few followers!

The Eye of Error said...

Thanks for the nomination!