10.28.2012

A New Nightmare - WIP

 I originally picked up a Cryx helljack to make Malice from, but I got a better idea.  This left me with a spare helljack, so I decided to convert a plastic Nightmare.  Not that there is anything wrong with the stock model (I have plans for that mini) but it wasn't scary-ghost-robot enough.
 A quick dig through the bitz boxes unearthed some large dark eldar blades, talos tails, daemon horns, and the spikes from the Anima mini I made into a warwitch.  Since I envisioned him as a mini wraith engine, I did away with the legs, using the helldriver as a tail.  The dark eldar blades replaced his claws, as he has "wicked claws" with reach.
 Like most of my minis, he got a fancy base with a nice chunk of cork to stick the pin through.  With five pins total, he is a pretty stable mini.  The metal spikes are glued into holes drilled into the shoulders, instead of trying to make a hole in the spikes, which worked extremely well.
Until next round, be well.
Post a Comment